Sunday, May 3, 2009

Thrusday April 23, 2009

President got to our house at around 8:30 and we headed off for Tuxpan/Poza Rica for interviews. I drove a couple hours to Tuxpan- its always nice traveling with the president and his wife, I'm really going to miss it. I think I only have one road trip left. It is so cool to talk and spend time with them. Once we finished all the interviews me and my companion went to the zone leaders house and started preparing a special dinner. Some other elders that came in early to go to zone conference the next day bought shrimp, limes, onions, cucumbers, salsa and chili powder. Mix those all together and what do you get? A little something called Aguachile. It's not common here, what happens is that my companion is from Culiacan, Sinaloa and so is one of the elders that stayed there that night. I guess its very common over there and they wanted to make some. It was really good. The shrimp cooks in the lime juice and later you just cut up the onino and cucumber and add salsa and chili powder. Sooo good. I enjoyed it greatly. Afterwards we had a good time singing a mexican songs.


De-pooping the shrimp

Elder Evans having a little taste-YUM!

Elders Gonzales and Ramos chopping the cucumbers

Aguachile the finished product


The group enjoying the meal

This cannot be healthy!

No comments: