Bridge into Tampico - coming from the southern part of the mission

I drove the 4 hours back from Gutierrez Zamora to Tampico and got stopped twice at the Army checkpoints. It was pretty funny. I wasn't supposed to, but I snapped a pic of the inspection of the van. Sister Moss asked to, but the soldier said she wasn't allowed. It's hilarious, president would always just speak to the soldiers in english to see if he could get out of getting stopped, but it didn't really work. I can't blame him, he's made that journey down those roads over 60 times. It was during this ride that I first heard from Sis Moss that the swine flu was in Mexico City and had killed a few people. After we got home, someone from my companions old area was getting baptized and wanted Elder Ramos to do it. So we went to the baptism and it was great. Afterwards I sent you a little note telling you I wouldn't be able to write much, then we went to celebrate my companions birthday that was coming up the next day.
(This is such a long post that you will have to go to older posts to finish his ginormous letter!)




No comments:
Post a Comment