Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Independance Day
Monday I woke up really early and took a bus to Tampico. We got there really early because Elder Rigby is going to train and went to pick up his new companion. But seeing as I wasn´t, I got to wait around pretty much all day. On transfers, the bus station is jam packed with elders. It is fun to talk with everyone there and see how everyone is and where everyone is going. We were supposed to leave at 6, but someone´s watch was a little behind and we missed the bus by like 2 minutes, it was pretty ridiculous. We left half an hour later and got to Valles at about 9/9:30. It was raining pretty bad. All my suitcases and backpack got a little wet, it was kind of a pain. We ended up going to the stake center first to find a ride for two elders opening an area with all their suitcases. When we got there, there was a giant fiesta for the independence day. It was pretty awesome, the cultural hall was filled with people dressed in red, green and white and other traditional mexican costumes/suits/dresses. There was mexican music and not to mention a LOT of good good food. I was pretty happy, I thought I was going to miss the celebration again, last year I was still in the MTC, so I didn´t get to see what it was like. But I finally got to the house, upacked some of my stuff, and got to bed. I am pretty warn out right now, I haven't had much sleep in the last few days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment