Sunday, January 25, 2009

Concilio

On friday morning we got to the house at about 6, showered up and fine tuned everything for an hour before picking up the elders and going to the mission house to eat waffles. I was really nervous about the training- i was tired, felt unprepared, and was going to be talking for a long time to 16 other elders. I prayed for help from the Lord and definitely received it. It went very well actually. We talked about all of us being Children of God and Disciples of Christ. Later we talked about what our focus is really on- that we should forget ourselves. Something that i shared and really liked is that ¨try¨ should not exist for us. If we only ¨try¨ to do something, it means it will never be accomplished. President gave a great example- he asked an elder to ¨try¨ and hand him a book that was on the table. the elder just stuck out his arm and acted as if he was really struggling to make an effort to grab the book. ¨Do¨ is what takes the place of ¨try¨. Nephi ¨tried¨ twice to obtain the brass plates, but he never said ¨I will go and try. . . ¨
Several elders thanked me and said i did a good job- i gratefully thanked them for lying. Later we ate some ¨Sloppy joes¨ and had some brownies and ice cream. That marked the 5th meal i ate in the mission home this week. I think i´m going to get fatter here. I eat more and walk less due to the van that we drive from place to place. Now that all the craziness is over we´ll drive it a bit less. So yeah, it was a fun week. Just add a lot of phone calls and problems with some elders, and other fun stuff in the mix and everything turns out great.

No comments: