This week was a pretty tough one, Vegas is a very large area with a lot of hills, and we don´t have an updated map to find the investigators in that area. We spent a lot of time walking trying to get to know (a little part of) the area and find people. Some young men from the other ward were supposed to meet us on Thursday to go on divisions and show us around and stuff, but of course they didn´t show up. You gotta love that. That is why in our planners there is a column called ¨back-up plan¨ unfortunately, on thursday in the morning, we didn´t have a solid back up plan.
Wednesday we were going to visit Benedicto, but he wasn´t home when we passed by. That happens a lot here still, and it kills me because we usually walk about 20 minutes to get to his house. It just eats the time away. Thursday we had to pay the rent for the house from Vegas (our other area) even though there are not elders living in that house. Within the next few months we will probably have elders sufficient to occupy more areas, and they will need a place to live. We needed to grab a notebook from their house, but the landlord didn´t trust us, he thought we were going to steal everything that was in the house. Later he realized that the stuff in the house didn´t belong to the elders, it belongs to the mission. There was a toaster oven that I had my eye on though. I think I would actually cook more food for myself if I didnt have to fry it on the stove.
On Saturday the Bishop gave us the assignment to give talks on Sunday. I didn´t have much time to prepare, but I spoke on revelation. It was kind of funny. We had to take up all the time because we were the only two speakers. My comp (who loves to talk) only took up about 12-13 minutes. and me, who can barely even speak sensible Spanish in front of the ward took up 20 minutes. I don´t know how that worked out.
I know this is the work of the Lord and is a test run for how we are going to live and serve for the rest of our lives. If we are faithful the Lord will bless us so much for our efforts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment