Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Progress of Our People

We met with Gustavo again. He had read a bit from the pamphlet we left and tried praying, so everything is going well. He still has a lot to learn and a lot of progress to make, but I think he´ll progress well. He visits his family in a different pueblo on sundays, so i don´t know if he´ll be able to make it to church so easily, but we´ll see. We need to visit him more often to emphasise that what we teach is important. He says he´s only free thursdays though. . .

Our progress with Carlos is going well, he understands everything and believes what we teach him. At times I forget that he´s a ten year old kid. We took him to church with us on sunday and left him in the primary. It seemed like he enjoyed himself. but when we went to sacrament meeting he was sitting with a friend that he had made from the primary, but before the meeting started the hermana´s son came and told us that Carlos was being really roudy an wanted to know if he should come up and sit by us. He came and sat by me and did fine the rest of the meeting. The bishop had told me that no one showed up to give a talk and wanted to know if I
could give a talk in church. I agreed and started preparing. But when it came down to it, he didn´t call on me to talk! I was pretty bummed, I had prepared a good solid talk in 10 minutes.

Saturday was a good day, we gave service in the morning, we help put metal sheets up to cover the porch on someones house. It was fun. I always enjoy service here, its spices up the work a bit and gives me a chance to leave Mexico looking a bit more bonito. Later in the afternoon we actually found everyone in their houses! We taught 4 good solid lessons. We finally found a reference named Karla who has been wanting to talk with us for a while. We taught lesson one and when I told her she needed to pray to see if it was true she said ¨oh, I believe its true¨ it was awesome. She is pretty golden, but had doubts that she would really want to go to church EVERY week. She just turned 18 and likes to go out on Sundays. We will continue teaching her and I think everything will go good.

We talked with Aurelia and she finally realized that there are prophets on the earth today. It was so great to see the lightbulb go on, she was really amazed. Later we gave a recent convert a blessing because he has had some brain tumor problems and was going in to get a new cat scan or something. We need to pass by to see how it went.

No comments: