Monday, April 13, 2009

P-Day?

Well apparently our Pday is on Saturday- but we didn´t get much preparation done today. We attended the interviews that president had with some elders practically all morning and later we washed the van and ran even more errands. The cool part was that we stopped by the temple because the members from Valles had made a trip to the temple that morning and we wanted to see and visit them. It was great to see all the old members and some of elder avila´s converts and see some less active youth there too. There was also a guy from our old ward that went through the temple to go on his mission. Everyone who saw us was pretty excited and surprised to see us again. It made me feel good. Sometimes I think the members forget about us but seeing them again really makes me feel good about the work that I did in their ward. It happened again, later we went to another stake (Chairel) to see a cultural activity that the youth put on there. I had served in Cañada in that stake a year ago and it was so crazy to see everyone again, and how things had changed. Afterwards I saw some members that I have not seen in 10-11 months. The Lopez Tinoco family was especially excited to see me. I think that the area I left behind hasn´t been blessed with the best elders, so she really missed me and let me know how much she enjoyed having me in her ward. Her son also left to Uruguay on his mission while I was there, so that might have something to do with it. I did go through a session with the family when he left, so it was pretty special. Right now I am writing late because we are arranging everything for transfers tomorrow. There is some data we need to fill out and we are also starting to train my new companion. Everything is going good, i´m going to be senior comp again- that might be interesting in my calling right now. I hope I can handle it without going too crazy. Tomorrow is my companions birthday, we have two baptisms, and we have to recieve numbers and pass changes. The next couple of days (Actually the whole week) will be crazy/stressful/tiring as well. Bring it on! I love you a lot and I know this work is true. Elder Evans

No comments: