Monday, March 30, 2009

Five New Hermanas

On tuesday the 5 new sisters got here at around 10:30 and it was definitely funny to see them get here. It reminded me of about a year and a half ago when I got here and thought that I wouldn´t be able to handle the humidity. All 5 come from the Mexico City East mission and although everyone probably thinks all of mexico is a scorcher, no es cierto (its not true). While we were giving them their orientation it felt REALLY weird to be just 2 elders amidst 9 sisters. I haven´t been in that situation for quite a while and it felt quite odd. The orientation went well and we ate and took pictures then started the task of moving them all to their houses. The house we found wasn´t ready so we were moving 4 into one existing companionships house and 1 into another companionships house. It was pretty weird having to do all the work- moving all the suitcases and bags upstairs (and they weren´t few in number), while all the sisters were sitting by the van chatting. Haha, jokingly after taking up varios loads I said to my comp ¨wow, it´s a good thing they did away with polygamy¨. haha it was pretty funny. But the new sisters are very nice and will get used to the climate i am sure. It was weird to think how accustomed I´ve gotten to the weather here.

New Sisters from Mexico City

No comments: