This week was a little crazy. I definitely did not expect to get a call from the Assistants Tuesday morning. I was getting ready for district meeting and they called and told me I was getting a kid (or that Iwas going to train a new missoionary). We needed to be in Tampico that night. My companion Elder Mendez was going to stay in the offices and I was going to bring my ¨son¨ here to Camacho. Tuesday we went to district meeting, went around to a few members houses, and Elder Mendez got all packed up and ready to go. We took the bus to Tampico and it took about 5 and a half hours to get to there. We got there and stayed in the office houses. The next day we went to the offices and stayed there all day waiting for my new companion to get there and fill out all his immigration papers. Oh, did I mention he is from Peru? That is why he came mid-transfer. He was serving in the Lima Peru East mission for a couple months and finally his visa came through. I was a little sad, I got along really well with Elder Mendez. But we got back to Poza Rica at about 9 on Wednesday. On Thursday we didn´t get much accomplished, we planned for the week then pretty much went around and got my new comp, Elder Salles ready for the transfer, we went to the bank, went to the store, he unpacked, and we visited some people. Friday was kind of the same, we went around trying to find investigators and visited members. We spent a little too much time talking with the Hermanas that give us lunch. At about every lunch appointment the sisters ask where he is from and he begins to talk about Peru. We´ve gotten into some pretty long conversations about the difference between Peru and Mexico. Its been almost the same conversation every time. Its been a pretty rough change. Elder Salles speaks spanish, but a different spanish. He uses different words, different slang, and a different form of saying things. I almost feel like I´m the new one in the mission again because I understand my comp, but there´s some words and phrases that I have to guess on. I don´t know how to explain it very well. and I think I speak a more Mexican Spanish, so he has problems understanding what I say at times. (and my Spanish still isn´t perfect). Its going to be fun. We didn´t have the best week to say the least.
Ana did show up to church though. It was raining Sunday morning and we thought ¨oh, no one is going to show up at church today". She showed up late, but it was okay, because Relief Society and sunday school are before sacrament meeting now that we are meeting in the institute building.
Saturday I was going to do a baptismal interview for our zone leaders, but the guys dad got home and said he wanted to talk to his son first before he gave permission. Sunday morning we did the interview and he was so ready for baptism. It made me more excited to invite, because there are people that are so prepared for baptism that are just waiting for us. It gets hard to keep that idea in your head when everyone rejects you. These next weeks will be much better. I have been feeling down, and I think its because we haven´t had much time to invite people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
congrats on being a trainer! sorry it's kinda rough right now. i'm sure he will start speaking more "mexican spanish" as time goes on. keep up the hard work!
Post a Comment